Monday, September 20, 2010

Monkey Feet – Messy play for kids

What can I say, the name says it all. Messy Play is exactly what you get.  Monkey Feet have a range of activities for children as young as 6 months through to 6yrs or 8 years (on school holidays). I have been there a handful of times, and am so glad that I decided to try it out. I am not sure of dates, but I think they have been open for less than 1 year, and they are doing a fantastic job.


I decided to try it out with my DD2 when she was 8 months. Before this age, I didn't know they did younger. :( and when we went she had a blast.. She still wasn't crawling then, but she still had lots of fun with our playmates that we went with. They have a range of fun things to do there including playing with slime, water play, crafts, painting and  bubba(Bubber is a soft modelling compound for children. Bubber feels as light as air and as fluffy as a cloud. It never dries out, and can be played with over and over) which is the coolest thing ever.



All the products that are used at Monkey Feet are non-toxic and edible, so if your baby loves to try everything, as most babies do - you know that it won't harm them.  
The experience that you and you child get when you go to Monkey Feet is priceless, the expression is priceless. The activities are always changing, the staff there keep it different, but yet always learning fun.  The babies learn different textures, senses, and fine motor skills, while the bigger kids can be as creative and as messy as they want. And as a parent, I love not having to clean it up (sorry Katrina) lol.




All the information for classes and more about what Monkey feet can be found on there website


We would love to hear your experience at Monkey Feet.

Tanya xx

1 comment: